My friend Book man is here to talk to you.
Hi there fellow readers. If there is one really good habit that we should have, it the habit of reading. The Library is the best place to be. If you go to the library, you’ll see people sitting reading the newspapers and even magazines. You’ll see people buying older books and even videos to take home and watch.
Now you might say, but I have an iPad or a tablet or a cell phone. THAT’S GREAT! You can read on your tablet and phone, too. I know one thing for sure. Whatever you do, and even if you are at home, take your phone and pull up a story, download it and read it. Guys, remember reading opens up the world to you. So, LET’S ROCK!
I have been so very busy so far this Summer. I’ve been to career days a various schools before they let out for the summer vacation, I’ve published my 4th book. You can see the cover right here. And, I am working on book number 5.
It’s good to get a little time to connect with you again. I want to hear how you’ve been doing so far this summer. So, let me hear from you about all the wonderful things you’ve been doing. Just in case you can’t think of fun things to do they summer, take a look:
Click on the book cover above, and you can purchase my newest book. You’ll love it, too.
Wow, it’s time for me go. But remember, take time to keep it simple and read a book. Bye Now
Young child holding open carton-box
New owners cleaning their flat
Well, it’s April, and we’re all hoping for a wonderful spring season. You know how I am always telling you to make sure you read daily for at least 20 minutes. But guess what, I’m going to ask you to do something else. It will help you and help Mom and Dad, too. It’s called SPRING CLEANING! Now don’t go “Oh Boy, really!?” There’s a lot of fun in cleaning up around the house and especially in your room. When you move the bed, the dresser or open the closet and begin to clean your room real good here’s what will happen:
- You’ll find that money in one of the pockets of your jacket or pants that you forgot you had
- You’ll find that diary that you hid so our brothers and sisters would find it
- You’ll see an outfit that you may have forgotten you had in the closet
- You’ll find that CD that you loved on the floor behind the bed when you move it
- While cleaning out the closet, you’ll find really good clothes that you’ve outgrown and you can fold up and put in a bag and give to a charity for other kids to wear. (Remember, everyone isn’t as fortunate as you. By giving to charity good or slightly use clothes you will help to clothes children who don’t have. That’s wonderful.)
- You’ll find that phone number in your dresser drawer to your girlfriend or best guy friend whose family moved away to another state and you’ll be able to call him or her to catch up on the latest events.
- You’ll find that book that your little brother or sister kept wanting you to read to them that you hid and said you couldn’t find it. You’ll be glad to give it back to them. Yes, of course, they’ll want you to read it to them again.
- You’ll surprise Mom and Dad making them so happy that they might reward you with a new Playstation or Xbox or even a new TV.
- You’ll be so glad that your room is fresh and clean and organized. No more cobwebs!
I told you, spring cleaning isn’t bad at all. So, hop to it. Tomorrow is Saturday, a great day to get started spring cleaning that room. When you get a little tired, sit down and keep it simple and read a book for 20 minutes. Then get back to cleaning.
It’s me Jenny. I have been so busy, but I wanted to stop and say Happy New Year to all of you. I have a book coming out soon. Junior Rabbit Travels to Pennsylvania. I told you about it before, I think. But, anyway. I want to know if you all are doing your best in school and I really want to know if you all are reading and making trips to the Library. Remember what I told you before, “Reading opens up the world to you.” So, let’s get reading.
I’ll talk to you again real soon. Here’s a picture of my new book cover.
I’ll let you know when to get it. Let’s excel in school, reading, friendship, chores, and being a nice person to other kids.