I know that some of you will be going to school by the end of this month of August and some will be back in school right after Labor Day in September. Whatever the date, it’s time to pull out that old backpack from last semester and see what you can take into your new semester. Let’s see how to help mom and dad out this year:
- If you have pencils with good erasers, put them into your new backpack or pencil box. It can save mom and dad money when buying school supplies, not only that but it help you to learn how to save money and good resources.
- If you have crayons that are still good, put them into your backpack, too. Whatever you do, take the broken up crayons and put them in a dollar store shoe box and keep them in a neat place in your room to use when at home.
- Use for the new semester folders that you didn’t use before or that are still in good condition
- Find those scissors from last semester. They’re still good and get them ready for the new school year.
- Open those drawers, look under the bed, behind the dressers, and in the closet and get all of the socks, pants, blouses, tee-shirts, jeans and underwear that you still wear and are good. Make sure to get them washed or wash them yourself with mom, dad, big sister or big brother’s supervision and then put them in your drawers and hang them up in your closets so they’ll be ready for the new school year.
If you do all of that then when you ask them for that expensive pair of gym shoes, you just might get them.