Well, it’s April, and we’re all hoping for a wonderful spring season. You know how I am always telling you to make sure you read daily for at least 20 minutes. But guess what, I’m going to ask you to do something else. It will help you and help Mom and Dad, too. It’s called SPRING CLEANING! Now don’t go “Oh Boy, really!?” There’s a lot of fun in cleaning up around the house and especially in your room. When you move the bed, the dresser or open the closet and begin to clean your room real good here’s what will happen:
- You’ll find that money in one of the pockets of your jacket or pants that you forgot you had
- You’ll find that diary that you hid so our brothers and sisters would find it
- You’ll see an outfit that you may have forgotten you had in the closet
- You’ll find that CD that you loved on the floor behind the bed when you move it
- While cleaning out the closet, you’ll find really good clothes that you’ve outgrown and you can fold up and put in a bag and give to a charity for other kids to wear. (Remember, everyone isn’t as fortunate as you. By giving to charity good or slightly use clothes you will help to clothes children who don’t have. That’s wonderful.)
- You’ll find that phone number in your dresser drawer to your girlfriend or best guy friend whose family moved away to another state and you’ll be able to call him or her to catch up on the latest events.
- You’ll find that book that your little brother or sister kept wanting you to read to them that you hid and said you couldn’t find it. You’ll be glad to give it back to them. Yes, of course, they’ll want you to read it to them again.
- You’ll surprise Mom and Dad making them so happy that they might reward you with a new Playstation or Xbox or even a new TV.
- You’ll be so glad that your room is fresh and clean and organized. No more cobwebs!
I told you, spring cleaning isn’t bad at all. So, hop to it. Tomorrow is Saturday, a great day to get started spring cleaning that room. When you get a little tired, sit down and keep it simple and read a book for 20 minutes. Then get back to cleaning.